Friday, October 8, 2010

It's That Time Again...






It's October. The chilly nights were all you want to do is curl up with a blanket, some warm tea or even some yummy Ho-Cho (Hot Chocolate to those not in the know) with someone you love and maybe even a good movie. But there is something about fall that just makes me happy. The smell of the cool air. The way the leaves slowly starts to turn from green to red, yellow, brown, gold. Fall fruits and vegetables. The more apples that I see the more my brains starts to fill with baking idea endorphins. 


I love the way the house fills with the scent of sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and just the smell of flour and eggs just mixed together with the most simple ingredients to make you ache with all these yummy goodness. Keep in mind, I grew up in an Asian household where our desserts were fruit. I fell in love with all these great baking ideas and ideals from watching Julia Child on PBS. I love her cooking shows but when they had Baking with Julia-I was glued to the television. The way she took the butter, flour, sugar, eggs, yeast and just created these masterpieces of baked goods. To a 5 year old it was amazing. That was when I fell in love with baking. There is no doubt that once fall hits, my eagerness to create new recipes, to just bake these traditional pastries, pies, cakes, cookies, or whatever else, spikes up. 


As time went by, I noticed how my friends eyes light up when I bring a box of whatever it is I baked. That was when more ideas, more recipes, more flavor combinations kept coming to me. I even think there were a few times I woke up in the middle of the night with new recipe ideas or even how can I incorporate these flavor ideas into this recipe. Fall is my beginning of baking time. All the way up to spring where is starts to warm up and my heart breaks just a bit-not much, just a bit because the oven was what warms my home and my senses. 


I hope, very soon, all these ideas and recipes can be shared with you and your love ones. I want to evoked your senses with the feelings, the smell, and the heart that I put into making something for you to enjoy. I really do hope you enjoy it like those before you. It will be soon I hope...



1 comment: