Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too many left over egg whites

What to do with left over egg whites??? Make Pavlova! I go through a ton of eggs when I go on my baking spree. December is going to be a fun month! With all the lemon curds, pastry creams and other items where egg whites are not really used. I portioned the whites and freeze them. Since I needed to make space in the freezer, I took the frozen whites out and let them thawed. I kept trying to figure out what to make and nothing came to mind. Too hot to make marshmallows and the fact that I didn't have gelatin either. So Pavlova came to mind. The dessert was named after a ballerina-Anna Pavlova. 


I added superfine sugar, some vanilla extract, lemon zest, and almond extract. Whip it all up till it holds stiff peaks. Spread on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at a low heat. It still needs work. I want it more marshmallow texture in the center. The problem is that the weather has a lot to do with it also. So I need figure out the science and what and how much of it to put in the Pavlova mixture.





No comments:

Post a Comment