Saturday, September 4, 2010

September

Oh September is here! I am just waiting for the cool weather to kick in. When that kicks in, the colors of fall should start appearing. That means more baking for me. Cooking of stews, soups, the crock pot will be dusted off, and hot drinks! Tea with some fresh baked scones, hot chocolate with some fresh baked graham crackers, smeared with freshly made marshmallows. With autumn coming soon, it means that summer has ended. 

My daughter is now 2 and as energetic as ever. Her 2nd birthday was an intimate affair and that is what I wanted. Good friends and family and that is all that is needed. She originally was to be a September baby but just like her mom, she feels that to be on time, you have to arrive early. Now at 2 years old, she is starting pre-school on Tuesday. Such a stereotypical image that I have in my head. My daughter in her cute back to school outfit, with a backpack and all ready to absorb all the information that will be taught to her. However, she is only 2 and that cute outfit will be smeared with finger paint, dirt, and food. I guess my image can wait when she enters kindergarten. 

With school starting or already started for some, fall is right around the corner. I don't want an Indian summer but I want fall. To me fall seems to signal even more recipes idea and more baking adventures. Only because the holidays are around the corner and it seems like every holiday season, I want to include something new and different in my array of expected goodies. I can't wait to try the new recipes and hope these new recipes will be included in my permanent recipe box. But also, it means boots, jackets, blazers, coats, and hats. I do have to look fashionable when I bake right? After all, just because I am clumsy ninja doesn't mean I have to look like a clumsy ninja! 

No comments:

Post a Comment